8 A.M.-4 P.M.
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) provides public access to government documents and records. Requests filed under the Freedom of Information Act, response letters, and responsive documents are themselves public records.
The purpose of the Township is to perform the duties and exercise the powers granted in the Illinois Township Code, 60 ILCS 1/1 et seq. and the Illinois Public Aid Code, 305 ILCS 5/12-21 et seq. for the benefit of residents of Warren Township.
The purpose of the Township Road District is to perform the duties and exercise the powers granted in the Illinois Highway Code, 605 ILCS 5/6-201 et seq. for the benefit of the residents of Warren Township.
The purpose of the Township Assessor is to perform the duties and exercise the powers granted in the Illinois Property Tax Code, 35 ILCS 200/1-1 et seq. for the benefit of Warren Township.
Notice of Salary Disclosure (Illinois Public Act 97-0609)
Pursuant to the Illinois Open Meetings Act, the total compensation package of any employee who receives over $75,000 per year is available for inspection at the Warren Township Center, 17801 W. Washington St, Gurnee, Illinois between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Number and Location of Separate Offices:
Main Campus: 17801 West Washington Street, Gurnee, Illinois 60031.
Includes: Supervisor’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Highway Department, Senior Services, Park Maintenance, and Gurnee Teen Center.
Greenleaf Campus: 100 South Greenleaf Street, Gurnee, Illinois 60031.
Includes: Youth & Family Services.
Park City Teen Center: 333 Teske Boulevard, Park, City, Illinois 60085
Includes: Park City Teen Center.
Approximate Number of Full and Part-Time Employees:
|Departments||Full Time||Part Time||Total|
|Gurnee Teen Center||2||4||6|
Identification and Membership of Any Board, Commission, Committee, or Council which operates in an advisory capacity relative to the operation of the township, or which exercises control over its policies or procedures, or to which the public body is required to report and be answerable for it operations:
- Supervisor, Suzanne D. Simpson
- Trustee, Donna Radke
- Trustee, Ken Echtenacher
- Trustee, Mike Semmerling
- Trustee, Bill Gill
Highway Commissioner, Amy Sarver
Township Assessor, Charlie Mullin
Township Clerk, Fred N. Friedl III
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Information:
Duty to post information pertaining to benefits offered through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
A physical copy of this information is located at the principal office of Warren Township in lieu of posting the information directly on this website. This information can be accessed at the Supervisor’s Office in the Town Hall Building, located at 17801 West Washington Street, Gurnee, Illinois.
- IMRF Employer Cost & Participation Information:
- In 2019, the Illinois General Assembly passed Public Act 101-0504. The law requires IMRF to post certain employer cost and participation information on its website. IMRF will update these reports annually.
- Employer Contribution Amounts: The amount of employer contributions each employer made from 1/1/1995 to present (searchable spreadsheet)
- Employer Contribution Rates: Each employer’s contribution rates for the current year and one year after (searchable spreadsheet)
- Participating Employers: A list of all employers and the date each employer joined IMRF (searchable spreadsheet)
- Employer Resolutions: Required participation resolutions for employers that joined on or after 1/1/1995 (searchable PDF)
- Public Act 101-0504requires IMRF employers that have a website to include a link to this web page, no later than January 1, 2021.
Which Office to Contact:
The Supervisor’s Office responds to FOIA requests for all Warren Township matters.
Making a Request to the Supervisor’s Office:
A request to the Supervisor’s Office must include the requestor’s name, complete contact information (name, address, email or phone number), and a description of the document(s) being sought. The request must clearly state that you are asking for information under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act. Requests filed under the act, response letters, and responsive documents are themselves public records.
The following form is provided for your convenience:
Submit your written request by mail, email, fax or in person to:
Ryan M. Johnson, Esq.
17801 West Washington Street
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
Contact Ryan M. Johnson, Esq., Township Administrator at 847-244-1101 Ext. 125 with any questions.