Seasonal Park Grounds Worker
8 A.M.-4 P.M.
Seasonal Park Grounds Worker
Under the supervision of the Parks & Maintenance Worker, this seasonal/temporary position performs a variety of semi-skilled duties involved in the care and maintenance of the Warren Township parks, playground, open lands, skate park, athletic fields and facilities. All duties are performed under direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below encompass the principle duties and responsibilities of this position. All duties are not necessarily performed by a single job incumbent. An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following functions.
- Participate in a variety of maintenance and landscape duties. Operate mowing equipment to cut grass, as well as other hand and power tools such as push mower, edger, line trimmer, blowers, etc., to perform lawn and grounds maintenance duties.
- Operate light power driven carts. Operation of pick up truck under direct supervision.
- Prepare athletic fields per program specifications.
- Cleans grounds and rest rooms in parks.
- Perform some painting of park equipment and facilities.
- Collection of litter and trash from grounds and containers throughout parks areas; disposal of trash.
- Assist with set-up and watering of grounds through pump irrigation system as needed.
- Assist in the inspection of grounds and facilities for damage, report noted damage.
- Set up and break down tables, chairs and equipment in facilities and shelters per department or facility usage request.
- Assist in maintaining food pantry and cleaning supplies. Restock as needed or requested.
- Under direct supervision, perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic methods, materials, tools and standard practices regarding grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of the hazards and applicable safety precautions required for a variety of equipment used in park and facility maintenance.
- Ability to perform duties in compliance with OSHA and Township health and safety requirements and risk management protocols.
- Skill in the operation and use of various types of ground maintenance equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, understand instructions and follow directions.
- Flexibility in the work environment. Ability to work effectively with changes in work priorities.
- Ability to complete projects according to deadlines.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification
Must be 16 years or older and have ability to work evenings and weekends. Minimum high school education or GED equivalency in progress. Experience with grounds maintenance equipment. Valid Illinois Driver’s License preferred along with a driving record acceptable to the Township’s insurance carrier. American Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Warren Township is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunities. The Township does not base employment on an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, sex, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, parental status, disability, or perceived disability.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical and environmental demands are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.