Warren Township Highway Department maintains the right-of-way for most roads in unincorporated areas of Warren Township. The right-of-way includes the entire roadway and extends to the homeowners property line. Within that right-of-way, the Highway Department assumes many responsibilities. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Asphalt patching
- Asphalt resurfacing
- Basin maintenance
- Brush removal
- Culvert jetting
- Drainage work
- Litter pickup
- Roadside mowing
- Road striping
- Right-of-way permits
- Shoulder gravel
- Traffic control
- Tree removal
- Winter snow and ice control
Your Highway Department is equipped to handle these duties and contract others with private enterprises. We are proud to have excellent intergovernmental cooperation with the municipalities in and around township boundaries.
Roads Maintained by the Highway Department
To view a list of the roads maintained by the Highway Department click here.
- Division of Transportation, Lake County, IL - The online information source for the Lake County Division of Transportation.
- Illinois Department of Transportation - Get the latest information on Illinois road construction, traffic safety, and other highway items.
- Illinois State Toll Highway Authority - The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is dedicated to providing and promoting a safe and efficient system of toll supported highways while ensuring the highest possible level of service to our customers.
- Solid Waste Agency of Lake County - The Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) is a municipal joint-action agency responsible for developing and administering a solid waste management system for Lake County, Illinois. The Agency is a unit of local government that provides technical assistance to its members on solid waste issues.
- Stormwater Management Commission - Stormwater Management Commission's (SMC) mission is to coordinate the stormwater activities of over 90 jurisdictions in throughout the county. SMC provides technical assistance, local knowledge and problem-solving skills to coordinate flood damage reduction, water quality enhancements and natural resource protection projects and programs.